This OSPA recognises a young security professional – that is anyone below the age of thirty (there is no restriction on the number of years spent in security) – who has excelled in his/her early career performance. This OSPA will be awarded to someone who has made an impact in the area of private security, for example as a analyst/researcher, working for a security supplier and/or corporate security (rather than police/military). This could be in any area of security activity, as a student, in the workplace or a combination, but it will be someone who has made a difference and is laying the basis for an outstanding career in security.
The judges will be looking for evidence of outstanding performance in:
- Discussing the work of the young professional and its relationship to security
- Highlighting the ways in which the young professional is laying the foundations of a security career
- Identifying the influence of the young professional on specific audiences
- Providing examples of interest and dedication to improving security
- Demonstrating how high performance will be sustained